This is an exciting year for the Northwestern Ontario Writers Workshop. We have many new events and programs being offered, including our Peer-to-Peer Review.
This provides you an opportunity to gain insights into your own work while also supporting other writers by providing them some thoughts and suggestions of your own.
Commencing at the start of November and again in April, NOWW will accept submissions from writers wishing to receive feedback on their work. Guidelines will be posted in October.
Shortly thereafter, anyone who has submitted their own work for review, will then receive an email containing a fellow writer’s submission. All who enter to receive feedback, will also provide feedback to another writer. This means that each writer is also a reviewer.
Responses will be completed on a short form to ensure consistency of review for all who enter. We look forward to connecting writers and developing a system for critique and review that is available to all and helps us grow and improve in our craft.
The Peer-to-Peer Review will work as follows:
Day 1: Peer-to-Peer Review Opens
Day 1-7: Submissions may be sent in to the Peer-to-Peer Review Program.
Day 8: Submissions will be mailed to the reviewer. Each participant will receive a submission.
Day 9-29: Reviewers will read and consider a submission and complete the Peer-to-Peer Response Form which they will then email to email@example.com
Day 30: Participants will receive an email containing the Peer-to-Peer Response Form for their work.
1. Entries must be written in English.
2. Only electronic submissions will be accepted, preferably in Microsoft word, RTF or PDF files.
3. Submissions will only be accepted until Midnight, Eastern Time on the 7thnight. Any submissions received after this time will not be eligible for the Peer-to-Peer Program that month.
4. Only one submission per Peer-to-Peer Review Month. You may submit once in November and once in April per year.
5. One submission of poetry is not to exceed 150 lines, in 12-point font, single-spaced. Note that if you are using specific formatting, pdf is the preferred document type.
6. One submission of playwriting, fiction, creative nonfiction, YA, etc. is not to exceed 5 pages, double-spaced, in 12-point font.
7. Submissions can be of any format: poetry, playwriting, fiction, creative nonfiction, YA, etc. in any style and of any theme.
8. If you submit something to be reviewed, you are required to be a reviewer for someone else.
9. You will return only the Peer-to-Peer Response Form. If you would like to discuss the submission further with the writer, please contact NOWW.
10. If you have difficulties with returning the Peer-to-Peer Response Form, please contact NOWW in advance of the deadline.
11. There is no fee to participate in the Peer-to-Peer Review Program.
12. Pleasedo notinclude your name on your submission.
13. Provide your name and Title of Entry in the body of your email.
14. Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To participate in the Peer-to-Peer Program you must be a member in good standing of the Northwestern Ontario Writers Workshop.
Welcome to our NOWW Blog, made up of a collection of stories, reviews and articles written by our NOWW Members.